|Guardians of the Galaxy (film)|
|Producer(s)|| Kevin Feige|
|Writer(s)|| James Gunn|
|Release Date||August 1, 2014|
Guardians of the Galaxy is a 2014 film made by Marvel Studios and is the tenth main installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the fourth in Phase Two.
The original concept for the Guardians of the Galaxy, which dates back to 1969, focused on a team of superhumans and extraterrestrials dedicated to the safeguarding of the Milky Way Galaxy. However, studio chief Kevin Feige said that the new film would focus on the more recent 2008 version of the team, rather than the original.
The film was released on August 1, 2014.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits — Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon; Groot, a tree-like humanoid; the deadly and enigmatic Gamora; and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
- Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Dave Bautista as Arthur Douglas/Drax the Destroyer
- Vin Diesel as Groot
- Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon (voice)
- Zoe Saldana as Gamora
- Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser
- Josh Brolin as Thanos
- Michael Rooker as Yondu
- Benicio del Toro as Taneleer Tivan/The Collector
- Ophelia Lovibond as Carina
- Glenn Close as Commander Irani Rael
- John C. Reilly as Rhomann Dey
- Karen Gillan as Nebula
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath the Pursuer
- Marama Corlett as Sindel
- Peter Serafinowicz as a Nova Corps Officer
- Laura Haddock as Meredith Quill
- Janis Ahern as Peter Quill's grandmother
- Marianna Dean as Peter Quill's aunt
- Lindsay Morton as Meredith Quill's best friend
- Lloyd Kaufman will have a cameo in the film.
- Ralph Ineson as a Ravager
- Enzo Cilenti as a Watchtower Guard
- Gregg Henry as Peter'sgrandfather
- Stephen Blackehart as a to-be-confirmed character
- Melia Kreiling as a to-be-confirmed character
- Alexis Rodney as a to-be-confirmed character
- Spencer Wilding as a to-be-confirmed character
- Wyatt Oleff as a to-be-confirmed character
To be added
In June 2012, numerous sources claimed that Marvel Studios' mystery 2014 project was Guardians of the Galaxy and that a script had already been written by Nicole Perlman. Filming began around July 6, 2013 under the working title of "Full Tilt", with pre-shoots starting on June 24, 2013.